Sunday, August 14, 2011

Family Matters




1st off, this was a great show and what happened to the black sitcoms anymore?? In the 80s and 90s there were black sitcoms everywhere on TV and they were actually "good quality" shows with fantastic actors and storylines that talked about what blacks went through on a daily basis regardless of the age group and demographic..Imean we had the Cosby Show, Different World, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Parenthood, Family Matters, imean I could go on forever but nowadays there aren't any black shows that display a sense of togetherness or "Family"...(other than the House of Payne)...I made this post because I have come back from another family reunion and I can't stress how important family is..sometimes I can get so wrapped up in my personal life and my endeavors and I forget who my support system is and who the ppl who are praying for me on a consistent basis are...Its good to be around the babies and toddlers as well as the elderly because you can learn so much from both types..The title of the sitcom really never made an impression on me until just now because everyone can say the title "Family Matters" but in all actuality, Family really does MATTER...imean its wild that it takes for someone to go through a loss or to wait till your older years to understand the importance of family...Each family has its problems but in the end of the day, they always have your back..

Angels & Politics

No comments:

Post a Comment